In this episode, we do some show-and-tell with Azure Resource Manager, the next generation of template-based deployment for Microsoft Azure. If you are new to Azure IaaS v2, there is some how-to in this session you may find helpful.
The following are the software-related items mentioned in the show.
- PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio – Turns Visual Studio into a proper PowerShell IDE. Download free at https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/c9eb3ba8-0c59-4944-9a62-6eee37294597
- Azure SDK for .NET 2.6 – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46892
NOTE: A couple of viewers pointed out that you can use the FREE version of Visual Studio, Visual Studio Community Edition if you qualify. It is free for open source projects, academic research, training, education and small professional teams. If you fall into this category, you can get Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition at https://www.visualstudio.com/vs-2015-product-editions.
Videos (Build and Ignite Sessions)
The following are the MS Build and Ignite Conference sessions mentioned in this episode:
- Introduction and What’s New in Azure IaaS – A Build session, available at http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2015/2-646
- Azure Resource Manager Templates – An Ignite session, available at http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015/C9-39.
- Deep Dive into Azure IaaS Capabilities – Also an Ignite session, at http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015/BRK3505.
Watch the Episode
Video version of episode 5 available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usK1TJN464g.