I wanted to share a few cool addons I’ve found over the last few months, and keep a written record for myself. Below is a list of a few of my favorite addons for VS Code. I’m working with Azure, Shell script, Docker, Kubernetes, and PowerShell.
I’ll refresh this list over time. Feel free to mention your favorites in the comments on this post.
- Beautify. Beautify
HTMLformatting in VS Code.
- Bash Beautify. This is one I just started using that pretties up formatting in your shell scripts. Liking it so far.
- Clipboard History. Keep a history of your copied items and re-paste if needed. Can be handy when you’re writing scripts with repetitive chunks of code.
- Docker. Adds syntax highlighting, commands, hover tips, and linting for Dockerfile and docker-compose files.
- Kubernetes. Provides a number of functions for more easily developing, deploying, and testing your Kubernetes applications
- Markdown All in One. This one adds some awesome keyboard shortcuts, further accelerating markdown authoring.
- Markdown PDF. Exports markdown to a PDF file. Handy when you want to share your docs in a friendly format for less technical folks.
- Markdown Preview Enhanced. From the Unversity of Illinois, this makes previewing your markdown in VSCode, streamlining your documentation efforts.
- Markdownlint. Ensures your markdown is consistent with standards.
- PowerShell. A must to make VS Code your PowerShell ISE.
- Shellcheck. This adds error checking. This extension actually lints as you type by default! The developer behind this extension is frequently updating source in his repo on Github.