Veeam have released version 8 of their management pack for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Veeam is great for comprehensive monitoring of both Hyper-V and VMware deployments. In mixed Hyper-V and VMware mixed environments, the Veeam pack also offers a very consistent view of fabric health across the two platforms, providing a unified monitoring experience for heterogeneous environments. Most importantly, I find the Veeam pack delivers actionable alerts and data visualizations, enabling quick incident response instead of hours of digging for root cause.
I encourage any System Center administrator looking for a comprehensive virtualization monitoring approach to check it out.
New in Veeam Management Pack v8
- Support for VMware vSphere v6
- Enhanced Hyper-V Support
- Veeam Morning Coffee Dashboard & Report
- Hybrid Cloud planning for Microsoft Azure and VMware vCloud Air
- Detailed snapshot and checkpoint tracking
- Visibility for Veeam Backup & Replication